25 June 2011

Brain Ninja

mon-o-tony.

I had to double check my spelling on that one, it's one of those words that never looks like it's right.

And, here I am...I think I'm close to 30 days in the suck.
This is where things start draggin' ass (I'll have you know, mine is far from dragging...hee hee)
I'm hellaciously bored, and I think I've already found the end of our limited internet.
I'm very tired (definitely due to boredom) and can't stop watching SMALLVILLE.
Such a teenage soap opera, but good nonetheless.

Onto other things, my husband and I made a pact a few weeks ago.
I have access to one scale - and because my husband is trying to gain weight, he's always really happy when he sees an increase (regardless of the fact I told him it's unreliable, he's happy and that's all that matters).
However, the last time I stepped on the scale - I fell into the same mentality that most people do when they're trying to lose weight and don't see an improvement.
.......think WTF am I doing wrong, and blow a whole week on cookies, and honeybuns...
Okay, normally that's what I would do. I think I did have a cookie (or two), but it was my "treat day"
After seeing my reaction, my husband and I said....NO MORE SCALE for me.
Once a month (yeah, who am I kidding?) and because I'm co-dependent, I always go to the gym with him so it's supervised scale time.
Well, last night I really wanted to see what I weigh. My body is tighter, my waist is smaller, I FEEL LIGHTER (weird, but true) and I'm happy with the way I see things moving. So, I tell my husband that I want to check my weight.
I got a big NO...
Usually, I'm brain ninja him into letting me do it, but this time he wasn't having it....at all.
I thought maybe he'd forget, and I'd try after our workout.
Again...no, but I did get a
"you can weigh yourself next week"
I got brain ninja'd because now I see what he did, now I'm MOTIVATED TO SEE PROGRESS instead of being dissappointed. Not only that, but I actually want to work HARDER to see bigger improvements.
Job well done, husband.

Right now we're both doing a workout program I printed off the Precision Nutrition website. It's a contest prep plan by Chad Thibadeau, and although we're not in contest prep mode, my husband and I are seeing pretty good gains with it. He was confused at first and was wondering why I'd want to do a bodybuilding plan since my goal is to "dial it in", but I explained it's all about the diet - and now we're both seeing it first hand. I'm getting smaller, and fuller. He's getting bigger and broader. This workout is a 2 upper body, and 2 lower body days a week - but we've added in some custom metabolic circuit workouts, inspired by crossfit to help us get in good cardio shape and get leaner. Its a GREAT program, and anyone who has Precision Nutrition should check it out.

The past week I've added in cardio alternating with ab ripper at the end of the day. It wasn't so much for the weight loss benefit, as much as it is for the stress relief, and sleep benefits. I haven't been sleeping very well, and added cardio a day last week which really helped me sleep. I'm actually enjoying my workouts, the only thing that's difficult is getting out of bed in the morning...but isn't that reality for everyone?


Work hard, and the results will follow!
That's the lesson for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment