02 June 2011

A Revelation...

I know there's a reason why life throws you curve balls and expects you to either get out of the way, or stand and take the hit. Life threw me a good 5 in the past few months, and by few...I mean 2. A lot of hard times, and some good...

When there's good, it's just unreasonable to think that there can't be any bad....lesson learned.

I know I'm being so ultra, super vague but the details I won't go into.

Lets just say, when shit hits the fan....it can break you, or make you.
I choose the latter.

I think throughout my life I've had periods of GREAT GROWTH as a person, and they always come with a big turn of events - joining the military, having my first big break up, marrying my husband...and so on. Those things aren't catastrophic, but they are what has taken me from the person I used to be to the person I am today.

More recently I learned some hard lessons on the person I need to be, and it's becoming much clearer to me now why life has thrown me such big curve balls in such a short period of time.

My goals have changed over the past few months and I have taken the pressure of a figure competition off myself for good (I suggest everyone who ever had this as a goal do the same). I'm going to just let it happen, when the time is right. It's the same way I feel about kids...WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. When it makes sense, when I'm mentally and physically ready, and when I want to. That's not to say I'll never get out there, but one goal always leads to another....and another....and another.

I've made it clear to myself that during this deployment, my focus is on myself. My number 1 priority is to get in tune with my body and take care of it, the way I should and to exercise my mind just as much as my body.
All to often we neglect the spirtitual and emotional parts of ourselves which I have done for quite some time.

I'm not surrounded by people here, and there is a bit of quiet time...which means *me* time.

On the fitness side of things, I'm tracking numbers diligently to indicate progress, and I'm playing as my own little lab experiment. I want to feel what it's like to work hard, consistently - and because my job deployed is...cake...I have no reason not too.

I always see those transformation pictures and think "wow", I want to look at mine four months from now and think the same thing.

The basics are easy:
Eat clean
Exercise mind and body
and ENJOY THE PROCESS.

Don't worry... I'll keep you in the loop

1 comment:

  1. It's all about the timing - when you feel it's right, you'll do it!

    T.

    ReplyDelete