14 July 2011

For real?

Don't worry...this isn't another muffin story!!

Yesterday was rough. I was at work, crabby and bored - and had a ton of homework I pushed to the back-burner. I just "felt" like I had to get my mind right - but I didn't know how. I lose focus too easily - I'm like a 5 year old with a new toy, and the new toy being my body...I wasn't seeing instant results, so I got bored with it.
I haven't been cheating on my diet, haven't gorged myself on any muffins...but I just wasn't feeling 100%. So, I chalked it up to a poop day, and that was that. I walked home in the 117 degree heat, and said - I'll just go to bed.
Well, I got in my room and stripped down into my undies and got my camera. DON'T WORRY..you can keep reading...
I bought a cheap powershot for like 50$ just for progress pictures here, and decided...today's the day. Lets look at this house I've built.
I prepared to be disappointing - I have not been 100% consistent, but have been right between compliance and almost off the wagon.
So, I set the timer and snapped away.
Loaded them onto my computer....
and almost cried.

I am still awestruck by my pictures.

I did my figure poses, which I have DOWN - and saw the definition in my legs. People, this is SERIOUS. I have HATED my legs since I was 10. I've always had strong quads, but my legs have never looked smooth - I just always thought they were gross. After 14 years of thinking that you hate your legs, it's kind of hard to believe you'll ever APPRECIATE them. All the hard work, and torment I have put them through - and they carry me around. My poor legs - I'm sorry for not loving you. I saw QUADS, like HELLO QUADS.

I looked at my front pose, and saw shoulders. There's such a change in my back (bye bye dreaded back fat), and boy oh boy...I have quite a shape.

I was truly awestruck by my body, and completely overjoyed with the progress.

Thats when I got bit.

The past few months, I've pushed it out of my head and tried to convince myself that I don't want to be a PRO. I tried and tried, and tried to stay away from just thinking about it. I can't. I'm obsessed with this goal, and I feel like....it's finally within reach. I didn't think I had the discipline, or the drive to "get there" - but that little spark of hope, that with hard work...it really DOES pay off.

Well, in simple terms - I am hooked.


Not only that but after surfing body space - I found 



Seriously, her transformation and   dedication is the most inspiring I have ever seen


You guys really need to check her out - I know you'll get sucked in like I did.

I feel the power in me, and no - it's not gas. lol
I have found it, finally - and all this time it's been right there. In my legs.

2 comments:

  1. Ah so happy for you! I know exactly what you mean about never thinking your legs are good enough--they're my "trouble spot" too and when I saw them noticeably improve, I was beyond elated! Keep pushing girl & go get your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kassandre is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I'm so impressed by her!!!

    And keep gettin' at it - you definitely have the power in you!!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete