02 July 2011

Pants don't lie, but people do.

The weather here is NOT COOL.
Literally,
Out bathroom is outside, and I'm not even kidding when I say it's just too hot to pee.
I would drink more water if I didn't have to walk to go to the bathroom...
Pathetic, I know.

and holy back pain today batman.
I did some heavy deadlifts the other day, and my back tubes are killing me.
The husband and I have re-named the erector spinae back tubes...simply because, that's what they look like
when you're ripped...



One month down, and three more to go.
I'm feeling pretty darn good after giving myself a little pep talk,
and reminding myself that people actually want me to fail.
Thanks for the comments BTW, I can't comment on anything which sucks.

I'm not really the type of person who thinks people are "out to get me"
but how many times have you guys just FELT that there are actually people
betting against you?
There are those that DOUBT your abilities, without even knowing you!

I don't think anyone can truly understand military life, and the high-school drama without being in it.
The biggest problem, especially when you're deployed, is there are people that come and go.
While most people take that as an opportunity to make friends and network, I have learned too many
valuable lessons about people's true motives in the military. There are very few who are actually out to help others. Everyone else is in it for themselves - they put people down to take the pressure and blame off them, they ignore their own sub-par performance and critizize others, they're nosy and dramatic, self-centered and petty - they only want to get to know you, so they have someone else to talk about.
I could go on forever...

I know those of you who don't have experience with the military lifestyle can probably relate to the same type of drama in your workplace.
The whole "why do you eat so healthy?", "why are you always working out"....
that kind of stuff really gets under my skin.
Because...WHY THE HELL SHOULDN'T I?
Because it's different, abnormal, or weird? - I'm not your average bear okay!!
I'm a total nerd, a science geek, a wiz kid..whatever you want to call me.
So naturally, the human body - my body, is my biggest experiment and I love doing what I do.
DAMN...

I feel better.

I was thinking about starting to track virtually everything on here for the last 3 months, and I think I'll be able to for a good while. I always say I want to look back on something, and have a record of what works and what doesn't...I just haven't decided if it will be public or private yet. Also, it's kind of hard being deployed with limited access to EVERYTHING.

Oh, and I PROMISE to take some pictures soon...
seriously, I'm terrible at this.

Did I mention I haven't lost a pound yet.
Totally over it, I'm leaner..my pants are falling off...seriously..
So screw the scale, all it does is make me mad.


Pants don't lie.
Unless they're stretch pants...
then, you probably shouldn't be using them to guage your progress...

1 comment:

  1. Ok...that stretch pants comment made me bust out laughing!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete