25 July 2011

Product Plug: Makeups

I love this bag - all I did was google "makeup bag" to get some pictures for this post, and I came across this beauty...its too damn bad it's PRADA. WTH google? Thanks for getting my hopes up - 500$ for a flippin make up bag! It better be made out of unicorn skin, or some mystical creature fur.

Moving on...
Somehow I have managed to stumble across some amazing makeup finds while here in Iraq. Honestly, simply by luck - I was running out of eyeliner ( lord knows this woman can't be in public without it) and got a little shop-happy with CLINIQUE products. Needless to say, so worth it.




Went out on a whim, and really wanted a good blush - but something unique. I love CHEAP makeup (E.L.F - seriously, need I say more?) but saw this and said...why not. It's convenient, the powder is at the end of the cap. Once it came, and I had my first go at it...I fell in love. Perfect color, quality brush, and it's going to last a very long time. It's no so dusty that you look like a china doll, and takes some effort to get a hefty amount on the brush - which is good, I'm an au natural kind of girl.

1. Twist the brush in the cap. 2. Brush on face. 3. D-O-N-E!



LASH POWER MASCARA 14.5$ 

This  stuff is NO JOKE. I bought it, again - on a whim.  Little did I know - to get this crap off would be like trying to remove a tattoo. IMPOSSIBLE...without ripping your eyelashes out. That was until I read the box - "removes easily with warm water" - really? I thought it was a sick joke.  Makeup remover wouldn't remove it, not even the Clinique brand either but simply washing your face does the trick. It's not the bada-bing bada-boom mascara that everyone is advertising nowadays. It's natural looking, but dark and defining. Give it a try, sure beats those crazy mascara brushes I keep getting stuck with.



Dark? Yes. Racoon proof? Totally. Smudgeable? Yep. Probably a bit pricey for what I would LIKE to pay for a good eyeliner, since I use it like it's my job BUT...I will say, I haven't gotten any weird stares because my makeup is all over my face in a long time. This stuff is great.

So, my disclaimer is - I'm NOT a Clinique junkie. I really never bought into the whole makeup loyalty thing (y'know, the MAC-ers, and the I'll-spend-a-paycheck-on-Clinique crazed soccer moms) but I will say, I've never been unhappy with any of their products. I think I get lucky with what I choose to buy. These high quality items are definitely a must (well, maybe not the blush - I just thought it was SO convenient) and if you're looking to try something new, check it out!



& Just in case you're curious. This is my favorite eye product ever...and the best part. It's 1$. BOOO YAAAAAA. So, if you have an empty makeup bag (like I will in two months when I give myself an I-have-abs-and-am-totally-smokin' makeover) STOCK UP!


No comments:

Post a Comment