11 July 2011

Get it Tight, Get it Right.

I LOVE physique competitions - plain and simple. I love seeing how each competitor puts themselves together from the endless hours in the gym, to suit detail and stage presentation that comes through photos.
I have MAD RESPECT for anyone that can get up on that stage with confidence in a teeny tiny bikini, and strut their stuff knowing that there will be a million +1 eyes on them - not just on stage, but off.

Which brings me to my favorite thing to do - ANALYZE contestant photos - from first place to last there is a reason each and every girl is on that stage. Whether they've won their first NQ, or they have been competing on the National stage for years there is always something that's great about their physique. With the good, comes the bad as well - there are girls with no experience and it shows. Not only does it come down to getting your physique the way the judges want it, but hair and makeup as well.

So after Team Universe, I'm going through photos and here are some things I'm noticing - good and bad.
**Disclaimer ** If I offend ANYONE that is not my intention. My hopes is to bring certain aspects to light something each girl missed or simply overlooked, or was completely unaware of, and take it with a grain of salt because I have NEVER competed before - but I have been eyes on since '06 so in my head I know what I'm talking about (and most of you may or may not agree) and it's the biggest reason I WON'T get on that stage until I LOOK like I belong there.This is why my blog revolves around opinions, and not scientific fact unless otherwise noted.

I have NO CLUE who most of these girls are because I can only use BB.com and they don't have all their names linked to photos - with that said, it'll be interesting to see how high some of these girls placed.


Class B - This girl has GREAT LINES and reminds me of Alicia Harris' build but is softer - I think she nailed the leaness the judges were looking for in the lower body. Her arms are proportionate - there are some girls with overpowering triceps that take away from shoulder definition but her arms have the leanness without the bulk. From the backside, her tie in could use just a little more tightening up but overall presentation is on spot - suit color, hair and jewlery. 8/10



Class A - Here's the whole leanness thing which is a problem with women - the upper body strings out before the lower body can catch up. This is why IFBB pro's are just that...professionals. I can't imagine how hard it is to get your legs to come in at 12 weeks of dieting. The key here for most is plyo plyo, lay off the heavy weights and GET OFF THE TREADMILL unless you're doing intervals with plyo inbetween sprints.
Beautiful girl, great suit just unbalanced.



Holy legs batman...this girl has some WHEELS. Great physique, would like to see a little bit tighter in the legs but overall she has a very BALANCED look which seems to be what the judges favor. No extremes in musculatiry, or softness - just a nice balance. Also, if she wasn't turning in this picture I think it would show her off better. Her left arm is a little behind which doesn't make her look as full in the shoulders as she is.


What do you guys think about the above? Agree or disagree?
This is only a few of the girls, I haven't had time to look through many photos yet - but so far, these shorter girls are on their game.
Tall ladies up next...


3 comments:

  1. Oy! It's so hard to tell with some of these girls! I don't think anyone will ever nail down exactly what the judges want. That's why you just bring yourself in the way you feel is best and hope that it's your lucky day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what the funny thing is about the shortie in the pink, is she is posing incorrectly so her legs don't come out even more! We all have our own body sculpting hurdles... legs is obviously hers. :)

    ReplyDelete