18 July 2011

No DOUBTS!

After some steady progress the past month...I got it in my head that it "wasn't enough" and I got the feeling that I would be better off if I suffered NOW and got the results.

Yeah, I started doubting the process.

Just like everyone does, at some point in their fitness journey. We perceive things as not moving at the speed we want them to, so we change something that's working FOR and WITH us...and look for something else.

My diet is relatively clean - not completely, but damn good. I know where the weak points are if I want to see the MOST progress.

I know I'm rambling right now....

I looked at Lyle Mcdonalds RAPID FAT LOSS PLAN - bought the book for 40$ - read some of it and then realized...it's a Keto diet WITHOUT the FAT! So protein, veggies and fish oil...oh and a cheat meal once a week with a refeed. Sorry, but to me this just might as well be the welcome wagon for binge eating. The diet is a modified protein sparring modified fat diet, or PSMF - which works well for those who are super lean, who use it for a few days prior to carb loading before a heavy workout (I can't wait till I'm lean enough to reap the benefits of a carb loading day...good lord). With that being said, the one good thing about the program is that he says straight up - it's a crash diet. More like a CRASH AND BURN IN THE FIERY DEPTHS OF FOOD COMA HELL!


Now, I'm not trying to bash this diet - but I'm a realist and if a diet comes with a DISCLAIMER it's not for me. It's not a long term solution, it's a short term - and it says not to do it for an extended period of time.I'm deployed people, and I'm trying to maintain my sanity...not create more insanity. I thought about the diet, and planned it out and was thinking "this will be great - lose weight real fast and have abs! ZOMG!" but then I started thinking....

at what cost?
I WILL feel like crap, guaranteed
I won't be able to - nor will I want to work out - and right now, I'm really enjoying the process of getting in shape with some killer, fun workouts.
and the realization was...I'm just not that desperate.

I want to do it right, and I want to feel good.
I don't want to do this ridiculous diet, have my hair fall out, start losing my mind in a deployment zone!
Nor do I want to look like skeletor!

This is a habit of mine - a bad one.
Change something...when it's working.
Not cool.

Your body doesn't like rapid change - and when it happens, it's built to fight back - and it will. So there goes all that hard work, all for some crash diet. Not only that, but the lack of nutrients isn't good either, and the list goes on.


That's from the website. Someone tell me that won't instill doubts in ANYONE - get that body in 7 weeks.

So, all that aside - no doubts from here on out. I took a day off yesterday only to see that I actually lost 1lb - the day after a cheat day.

The past few days my workouts have been terrible. I haven't felt good - I just get there and I feel like "ugh". I miss the hard and heavy destroyer workouts, but I know I can't handle them in a calorie deficit - I don't want to be so sore that I can't workout and I was actually starting to enjoy working out twice a day.

So, today I'm getting my mind right again - but instead of 70%, I'm aiming for 90%.

Oh, and you'll get some pictures soon. PROMISE.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, that after pic doesn't even look that good! Leaner yes, but it looks unhealthy. Thanks for saving me $40 bucks! I will make sure I steer clear of that book!

    We all hit some type of hurdle. It sounds like you've made it past yours!

    ReplyDelete